Things don’t always go to plan. November, which has long since passed, did not go at all as I planned it would. No Nanowrimo this year. Or, well, about 3 000 words of it, but I don’t think that counts. There are a number of reasons why I failed this year. School work is one, but that’s mostly an excuse, actually. Thing is, after two days of writing that went marginally well, I hit a funk that I didn’t pull out of. Why didn’t I just keep at it, as I did last year, you ask? Well, I kind of lost faith in the idea. Or not the idea, per se, but the idea of me writing it. I think that particular concept was a little too mature(no not that kind of mature…) for me to write at this point. I think I would have done better if I had stuck with the science fiction one. Anyway, enough lamenting. Eyes forward.
I have a few stories, ideas and concepts in my head that I want to write(mainly so they’ll get out of my head). Here is a list, for personal reference as much as anything:
- Dark Road Into You – This year’s failed Nanowrimo. It will get written. Just not now.
- First Impressions – The extremely bad working title for my science fiction romance story.
- Anthony Parsons – This one doesn’t even have a title, but it does have a few thousand words and it’s the one I spend most of my time on right now. It’s a queer romance(when is it not, with me? :P) set sometime in the 20’s, that is played out almost entirely in letters. I’m really excited about it.
- Fanfiction: Are you listening to me? – A Glee fanfic that I’m writing for the Kurtofsky winterfest in January. Set winter season 3, Kurt meets Dave at the ice cream parlor and tells him all about how much of an idiot Blaine is.
- Konsten att flirta(The art of flirting) – A strange thing that sort of developed after a lecture on safe sex and whatnot in school. It was a bizarre lecture, and a bizarre encounter with a boy that sparked this odd little story. It’s in Swedish too. For once.